Saturday, January 3, 2009

BUDGET FRIENDLY PARTY

It's a new year and time to blog more often, giving my few readers more unique and interest tips on how to have the most wonderful party they can imagine.

Ok, so where do I start? I've gone over the basics, covered a few of the themes that we offer but now I think I want to step outside of my box and cover a few things that party planners don't usually bring up.

Why do you have the need to spend so much money on a 1st, a 5th or even a 10th birthday? Where it's a great business to be in, I find myself wondering why?

Good Housekeeping put out this http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/money/budget/kids-spending-0707 ARE YOU SPENDING TOO MUCH ON YOUR KIDS?

It's an interesting read.

With the economy the way it is here are a few tips to budgeting parties, and trust me when I say the kids will still have a great time!

  • Watch your guest list.
  • Hold the party at your own house.
  • Set up an arts and crafts time as alternative entertainment.
  • Don’t overdo the favors, souvenirs and party decor.
  • Cook your own food, bake your own cake or get them all from discount store.
  • Make your own invitations and thank you notes.
  • Get your supplies from discount stores or use coupons whenever possible and use the "theme" plates for the cake only, not the mean - find a generic colored paper plate to match.

Hope this helps tighten the belt a little and stop by often for more birthday party planning ideas!

If money is not a problem, then feel free to call us! We are always happy to help make your next event a wonderful memory!

Agaperabba Entertainment California
Party Planning for Kids & More!
www.agaperabba.com

No comments: